Medical Leave (FMLA)
  1. Home
  2.  » Medical Leave (FMLA)

Care For Yourself Or Loved Ones With Medical Leave

If you or a family member has a serious medical condition, treatment and recovery become your priority. Therefore, you might need to take a temporary leave of absence from work. Many Kentucky employees have legal protection under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) in this scenario.

Our employment law attorneys at Hayward & Hayward, PLLC., recognize that you are facing a difficult situation. We will help you understand whether you can take a medical leave – and protect your job in the meantime.

Your Rights Under FMLA

If your job and the reason for leave qualify under FMLA, our lawyers can explain your rights, including:

  • Your leave can last up to 12 weeks within a calendar year.
  • You do not have to provide detailed medical records to your employer.
  • You can keep your health insurance.
  • You can choose to use paid leave in addition to FMLA leave.
  • You can return to your job after the leave, and your employer cannot fire you, demote you or retaliate against you due to your FMLA leave.

FMLA leave is not only for sudden illnesses like cancer or unexpected car accident injuries. Workers can also apply for a family or medical leave for pregnancy, military-related matters and chronic illnesses. Although FMLA absences are unpaid, the main benefit of this leave is that you can protect your job while focusing on personal matters.

We Are Here To Protect You

We can lift the burden of communicating with your employer from your shoulders. If your employer denies your leave request when you are eligible for FMLA, we can fight back.

Our Louisville lawyers can also represent you if you face discrimination or other employment issues upon returning to work. Whenever an employer violates your rights, we are prepared to take your side.

Call Us For Prompt Support

It is relatively common to run into problems when seeking FMLA leave. We know that you have bigger concerns on your mind, so we are ready to resolve the legal details.

Hayward & Hayward, PLLC., can offer a second opinion and legal guidance. Contact us through email or call 502-295-5555 for a consultation.